6.18.2009

I Miss Slim Shady

I don’t know about you, but I’m a little disappointed with Eminem’s new album. And I know it’s sort of late to comment on it, but I really need to get it off my chest. I don’t think there's much of the Eminem of old rapping on there. It’s Eminem sure, but there's less Slim Shady on it than I would've liked. And when I refer to Slim Shady I’m talking about the venom-hawking, twisted psycho that spit fire on the the Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs, two of my favorite rap albums of all time. If they aren’t on your list, you should go take a good listen.

Anyway, I don’t think ‘Relapse’ is that great, at least for a rapper of Eminem’s caliber. It's pretty good though and I won’t write it off as a bad album for the fact that very few people can rap the unique way he does on a lot of the songs. But honestly, what the fuck is with that accent on some songs? Is that supposed to be funny? Because it sounds retarded and distracts from the lyrics. The lyrical content of the album is definitely solid, but some songs are just plain annoying like ‘We Made You,’ which all these knaves on youtube are championing because they giggle when he jabs celebrities. It’s not that good. He doesn’t get after it on that song like he used to. One man's two cents anyway.

Here are some older Eminem songs that aren’t on any of his major studio albums and aren't good overall songs (one is just a freestyle on the radio) but that I think suffice to showcase his rapping skills at least.


http://www.box.net/shared/9jzck9lj2r


p.s. Everyone should visit Barcelona at some point in their life. Seriously. This city is amazing. And also, on a side note, Weezy needs to stop producing rock songs as soon as possible. I wanna puke every time I hear one of those. I'll hopefully be seeing him July 9th in Amsterdam and I'm praying he leaves his guitar at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment