5.27.2009

Konichiwa Bitches

On May 4th, 2009 Dom DeLuise died. Some may have known him as the voice of Pizza the Hut, the moderator of this blog.

Anyways... Here are some pretty baderp news stories from the past couple of days:

1. Anyone ever heard of James Cameron, director of Aliens, the two good Terminators (still haven't seen the fourth, but not feeling good about it), and Titanic. Well he is coming out with what could become his masterpiece. It also could be the highest budgeted movie in history. It's called Avatar, and a basic synopsis would consist of the words: aliens vs. humans. I would say more, but there is not that much more on the project and plus its a lot more to find out on your own. Anyways, here's one of he first images to come out of the production and it is a picture of a mech, i.e. powersuit, worn by the humans. Looks dope and this is one of my most anticipated movies of the winter:

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/05/exclusive-first-look-avatar-heavy.html


2. This is a must watch for anyone who is a sci-fi fan. Heres the synopsis:
Film takes place in the year 2092, a time when Mars is a vacation spot. Nemo Nobody is a 120-year-old man who is the last mortal among humans who have become immortal due to scientific advances. When Nemo is on his deathbed, he reviews the three possible existences and marriages he might have experienced.
Stars Jared Leto (Requiem for a Dream) and just looks mindblowing.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/mr-nobody/international-trailer





3. Do you like Star Wars? If yes, watch the trailer below. If no, figure it out and don't read any more of my posts. This trailer looks awesome, kind of a Fanboys meets Almost Famous type thing, I dunno. Just watch it. Plus, stars the kid from Freaks and Geeks (dope show) and Waiting.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/77/trailer



That's as big as they will embed at the top, so I would suggest hitting up trailer addict for the full sized one. So there are some of the more important stories of the day to me. As you can see from above I am a sci-fi nerd and pretty much all around closet geek. So if you don't like the stuff above, you aren't going to like any of my stuff later. I am using this post more as a get to know me type thing and I will be posting less news and more opinion when I get around to it. Hopefully I will be seeing Terminator 4 in the next day or so, and I'm thinking of a comparison of it to some other summer blockbusters to find what makes them work or not. I am also finishing up my essay on why Michael Bay is the greatest director in Hollywood and Bollywood today and maybe some stuff on some more great graphic novels in case you read and loved Watchmen. Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment