5.28.2009

I've Lost Control

I piss my pants about as often as I cry in during movies. Fact: I pissed myself during the first Matrix because I was so into it and had a rather loose bladder at that point and time in my life. Fact: I once pissed my pants on a subway on the way to a Yankee game. Fact: I cried during Life Is Beauitful. Fact: I cried during Wall-E. Another film I cried in was the incendiary Control, a film about the late 70s punk rock band from Manchester, Joy Division. The film is the bdc and hands down one of the best I've seen in the past year. It centers around the tragic tale of Ian Curtis, the band's leader, an epileptic who could not deal with fame and fortune. The movie is spectacular, both as an art form and in content. Filmed in black and white, it creates an unbelievably real and almost too true atmosphere that you can help immersing yourself in. Unlike your typical rock biop, this film does not romanticize the star too much, but instead creates a biting, honest portrait of a lesser known legend in Curtis. Lots of drugs, lots of sex too. Netlfix this shit, as it is a film definitely worth checking out, and the band is actually pretty good too. Even if you don't like punk music , this movie will have a profound affect on you:

No comments:

Post a Comment