7.03.2009

That Was Such a Samantha Thing To Sayyy!

I figured I'd get away from the music for a while and get you guys pumped for some new movies coming out. I must say that I've been lacking on keeping up with the latest cinema. I still haven't seen Up, Whatever Works, or Public Enemies (I know it just came out, but still). I'm not at all interested in sitting through two and half hours of Michael Bay jizzing on his own face at "how AWESOME my special effects are!" The only movie of interest that I have seen this summer is The Hangover, and it did not disappoint in the least. Here are some upcoming films that I'm really excited about.

Bruno

I don't really have to say much to create hype about this movie. It's already everywhere. I mean, after you make a movie as successful as Borat, Baron Cohen could hide in a hole (hopefully one that gets filled with dirt) and Bruno would still be the highest grossing movie on its opening weekend. Make sure you see this on July 10 when it comes out so that you're the one ruining the best jokes and annoying the shit out of everyone by quoting the movie and not the other way around.



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Coming out a week later than Bruno is the next installment of the Harry Potter series. Yes, I have read all seven books and yes, I was 19 when I read the last one. Maybe I'm a tool, but even if you think only Bruno would read Harry Potter as a grown man, you still need to see this movie. The sixth installment of the series, The Half-Blood Prince continues the trend of the movies getting darker and darker. This movie dives deep into the past of He Who Shall Not Be Named. You can't get too much darker than that, except maybe in the jungles of Congo. Nonetheless, this movie should be the tits and even if you don't like the story, just find some of that wizard grass and enjoy the stunning visuals.



Funny People

Coming out on July 31 is the third movie directed by Judd Apatow, the king of creating comedies in the 2000s, after The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up. Think of any movie that you've laughed at in the past five years and Judd Apatow has probably played some role in its coming to the screen. For Funny People, Apatow directed, produced, and wrote the movie, so it's all on him if it bombs. Lucky for him, Adam Sandler has supposedly put out his first legitimate comedic performance since Big Daddy. Mix Apatow and Sandler with Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, and numerous others (even Eric Bana?), and we should be in for one of the funniest movies of the summer. The only thing that causes some concern is that Apatow describes this as a "very serious movie." Luckily he follows that up by saying that he's trying to make it "twice as funny as my other movies." Hey, even if it's barely as funny as his other movies, we're in for a treat.



Finally, I'll throw in some funny clips that I recently found on the web that I think are just too funny not to include in this post. First is some douche trying to give his speech as Best Man at his friends wedding. If you've ever been nervous about giving a speech, at first you'll sympathize with this guy. Then you'll realize that he's a complete ass who didn't think of anything beforehand to say. It's literally like someone pulled him off the street, threw a tux on him, and told him to toast some random dude's wedding.



This next video is some chick who's so hammered she falls over and nails her head on a dresser. Sounds lame but I guarantee you'll be laughing. These videos never get old.


EMBED-Drunk Girl Smashes Her Face - Watch more free videos

No comments:

Post a Comment