6.29.2009

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

So while everyone's been bombarded with news about Michael Jackson's death the past couple days, and our good friend Larry has already provided some tracks dedicated to our favorite moonwalker, a little more of the King can't hurt anyone.

The internet is filled with remixes of MJ's songs but I found some real "thrillers" for you. The first comes from Cookin' Soul. I've never actually heard of them before but they remixed some of Jackson's songs with an A-list group of rappers. You've got Biggie, 2Pac, Jay-Z, Nas, Lil Wayne, Kid Cudi, Ludacris, Eminem, and 50 Cent. Not a bad list of MCs to mix with one of the greatest artists of all time. I'll post two links for this. The first is one where you can download the whole mixtape. If you only want a couple tracks, the second link has a download of the Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, B.I.G, and Cudi tracks.

Full Mixtape - Tribute to the King of Pop

Selected Tracks - Tribute to the King of Pop

If that wasn't enough for you, I've also got a song that Don Diablo made in tribute to Michael. Remember "Confusion Girl"? That was Diablo. Here's what he had to say about the song and Jackson. I couldn't say it better myself:

“What better way to pay tribute to MJ than music? I’ve been asked by press a lot today to comment on MJ’s untimely death, but what do you say without sounding cliche. MJ was not a man of many words, he spoke through his music. In short, I decided to make a song, rather than making any comments. Music is and always will be the best way to express a feeling without using words. Rest in peace MJ, I hope you are moonwalkin’ in heaven now.” - Don Diablo

Here's the track:

"Song for MJ (Remember the Time)" - Don Diablo

Rest in peace, Michael, knowing that you were certainly successful: "And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance." - Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment