5.31.2009

HEY!

I realize that only a select group of people are lucky enough to understand the genius that takes the form of four dorky musicians from Vermont. Yes, I understand that many of you do not like Phish but allow me to enjoy my excitement today. In a mere few hours, Phish will take the stage at Fenway Park to open up their first summer tour in five years. I urge those of you who are skeptical to give Phish a try. I understand that their songs are long and you may think that they just ramble on into nothing. You may be intimidated by the sheer volume of their music and think that there's no way you can catch up and know all of their music. The key is that that's not the point. Phish's music is a celebration of life and can take you to states of pure bliss. Put all your preconceived notions aside and maybe you'll find your new favorite band.

Anyway, I'll stop plugging the band and get to the music. I'll throw in some dope new electro but I'll start with Phish. Here's a download of their cover of Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll, Part 2," which I'm sure you know from Jock Jams as well as numerous sporting events:

"Rock and Roll, Part 2" - Phish

Next is a teaser from the Australian electro band Van She's upcoming album. You might have heard some of their stuff before and if you have you know that it's supafly:

"Ze Vemixes (Teaser Mix)" - Van She

Next is a dope remix of a Don Diablo (see "Confusion Girl" [currently my favorite song] from an earlier post) and Example song:

"Hooligans (Noisia Remix)" - Don Diablo & Example

Finally here's a real chill song I just found today by the band NightWaves (sweet name for a band):

"She's Electric (Demo)" - NightWaves

Happy listening and please give Phish a chance (there's a reason I'm obsessed with them).

No comments:

Post a Comment